Sunday, October 26, 2008

Man on the Mount

My intention was to never have a "blog". I dislike even the word. For the most part I dislike the idea of diaries. So, it is my hope that this does not end up being a personal diary.

As for the title, "Man on the Mount", it comes from something I asked my uncle when I was four. In a nutshell, I asked my uncle if there would still be wars and fighting if all the men would go up the mountain and eat their lunch together. He asked what I meant. And I told him that if men from all the countries got together and ate lunch everyday, I thought they could work out their problems. Of course, there are problems with my idea. For one, I didn't realize that there's a distance problem. Also being a little older and wiser, I realize that women must be included.

This idea of people from all over getting together to talk has resonates with me for a very long time. This is why I have begun to really respect the idea of writing a 'blog' or 'blogging'. By no means do I expect to ever influence other with a blog, but I really like the idea of people sharing ideas.

Where exactly this blog will go, I do not know. As a prosecuting attorney, my interests include the criminal justice system. As a veteran, military issues and conflicts are often on my mind. My undergraduate studies were in political science and economics, so there are few political, economic, or social issues where I am without an opinion.

I am also a husband, father, and friend. However, my initial instinct is that this is not the place to discuss that part of my life.

No comments: