Monday, November 17, 2008

Talk Radio

For a number of years I have hated conservative talk radio. Not only do I disagree with much of the message, but I despise the tone that they take.

Conservative radio hosts are terrible to people. They have no respect. We all know it.

Recently, however, Air America has come to my city. And I have to admit that I have started to hate the liberal hosts for the same reason I hate the right-wing talkers.

Almost without exception, the political talk radio programs are discussing people who have devoted much of their life to public service. Yet, these people are discussed with more bile than the very worst of society.

Certainly people in public life do dispicable things from time to time, but rarely do they deserve the public flogging that is handed out every day over the airwaves.

No comments: